Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What I Would Have Built For You

What would the playhouse have looked like, that you would have had from me. Was the trophy shelf big enough that I would have made, or the doll carriage fit for a queen? I would have sewn mittens, or carved a boat out of bark, but all I got to make for you is a jewel case the size of my heart. Your life it was precious. Ten weeks it was long. So suddenly you appeared to us and in that instant you were gone. A jewel case, a jewel case, until it all is new. You cannot build a thing with me, but I will come to you. 
Baby Kopp (4/27/15-4/27/15)
2 Samuel 12:23

1 comment:

shinsya49 said...

I am so sorry you don't have your baby with you. I know that you know where she is, but I also know how the pain was for me when our Rachel went home so soon like that. Something I feel like God shared with me as comfort is this: we are all living in our eternity now; Rachel and your baby just stepped into the rest of their eternity sooner than we would have wanted. I know what it was for my arms to literally ache for wanting to hold her here. God does heal even that. We're praying for all of you, and love you.